Railroad Forums 

• CSX out of Middleboro

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#53383  by CSX Conductor

GP40-2's, in the 6200 series. LOL :P
 #59128  by SpecialK

Question for you: I saw an unusually long train going through Taunton last evening, it passed Ingell St. around 10PM. 3 engines and 37 cars. What are the CSX operations like in and around Taunton these days? I met some of the guys that used to work the Dean St. Branch in Conrail days, they were good enough to give a kid like me (who kept a safe distance from the tracks when operating equipment was around) cab rides. Do these trains through Taunton sometimes originate at Middleborough?

Many thanks...

Special K

#59186  by CSX Conductor

The train you saw was B-726 (aka WAMI-01, former ConRail symbol). It is basically a transfer train between Middleboro and Attleboro, where it interchanges with B-725 (aka WAFR-35) which runs between Framingham and Attleboro. Both jobs run Sunday night through Thursday night.

B726 interchanges with the Bay Colony at Dean St. on their way to Attleboro, as for other Taunton business, B727 (aka WAMI-02) services a few customers in the Myles Standish Industrial Park.

#59348  by CSX Conductor

MBTA F-40, should be the 6224/6229/6240. :wink:
 #60301  by SpecialK

Thanks for the info, CSX Conductor. Would you happen to have any old timetables for Conrail operations in the Taunton area from 1978 to 1983? If not, know anyone that would?

Special K

#60761  by CSX Conductor

No I don't Special K. Sorry. did you try a Google search or perhaps even E-Bay?

I saw a link in another category on here for timetable collecting, but dont recall where it was, :(

Good luck.
 #561150  by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

Good evening gang, quick question. Does B726 have a new on duty time? I have tried to catch them 6 times this summer and all tries have turned up as misses. For instance tonight, I was trackside till a bit after midnight, as well as a few other times and have come up with nothing. Is there a lot of switching going on in Taunton to delay the train? Last summer, some nights it was like clockwork, they would pass John B. Scott blvd. in Norton at 10:30pm, give or take 5 minutes.
 #561323  by CSX Conductor

Still a 730 report last time Ilooked. One thing they do is whenever there is a spare engineer they put him on for 900pm because the dead-head time from Beacon Park to Middleboro is an hour & a half and if that train outlaws it screws up the B727 & B729 the next morning.
 #561399  by Noel Weaver

SpecialK wrote:Thanks for the info, CSX Conductor. Would you happen to have any old timetables for Conrail operations in the Taunton area from 1978 to 1983? If not, know anyone that would?

Special K
I have an extra copy from 1980 and 1981. Send me a PM if you are interested.
Noel Weaver
 #562221  by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

CSX Conductor wrote:Still a 730 report last time Ilooked. One thing they do is whenever there is a spare engineer they put him on for 900pm because the dead-head time from Beacon Park to Middleboro is an hour & a half and if that train outlaws it screws up the B727 & B729 the next morning.
I went by BORO last night after getting off MBTA #829 (7/30) @ 1am and there was no sign of B726, the cars sitting on Branch 5 were those of B735's empties, which were there that afternoon. Another no show of B726 :(
 #562274  by CSX Conductor

I can't re-call what it showed in the computer when I looked at who's on what jobs in Readville last night, but I think the regular engineer was off.
 #562376  by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

CSX Conductor wrote:I can't re-call what it showed in the computer when I looked at who's on what jobs in Readville last night, but I think the regular engineer was off.
ah ok, that would explain the no show. If it is a 9 pm call time, they probably wouldn't show up till after 1, or a bit before B725 arrives in Attleboro