Railroad Forums 

• CSX Boston and Albany Line

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#1203220  by Knucklehead

MBTA F40PH-2C 1050 wrote:
Knucklehead wrote:
csxb&aconductor wrote:heres whats new to east end of the b&a,csx is gonna be out of bp 7/31. the mbcr is taking over dispatching from Worcester to boston on sat 8/3.the b721 is back on and csx is in negotiations to put the new engine house on their land by cp 48/jamesville
What frequency will the MBCR be using? Where will the division point be? I assume CP45?
When we had our radios converted to Narrow Band in January, they were also updated with a few new frequencies. The new frequency for the Worcester Main line shows up in my radio as: "FR/WO RD 020" From what I have heard, CP 45 will still be in control of the CSX NA dispatcher, MBCR will have control from COVE (exclusive)-CP 45 (exclusive). Hence, negotiations are in talk of how our trains will get into the P&W to access the layover tracks that are currently under construction, in the sense that our trains will hopefully not require CSX paper work just to navigate thru CP 45 to access the P&W
Thanks for the update!!! No CSX paperwork??? hahaha It sounds like a new connection from the siding to the P&W is in order! LOL
 #1203490  by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

Knucklehead wrote:
MBTA F40PH-2C 1050 wrote:
Knucklehead wrote:
csxb&aconductor wrote:heres whats new to east end of the b&a,csx is gonna be out of bp 7/31. the mbcr is taking over dispatching from Worcester to boston on sat 8/3.the b721 is back on and csx is in negotiations to put the new engine house on their land by cp 48/jamesville
What frequency will the MBCR be using? Where will the division point be? I assume CP45?
When we had our radios converted to Narrow Band in January, they were also updated with a few new frequencies. The new frequency for the Worcester Main line shows up in my radio as: "FR/WO RD 020" From what I have heard, CP 45 will still be in control of the CSX NA dispatcher, MBCR will have control from COVE (exclusive)-CP 45 (exclusive). Hence, negotiations are in talk of how our trains will get into the P&W to access the layover tracks that are currently under construction, in the sense that our trains will hopefully not require CSX paper work just to navigate thru CP 45 to access the P&W
Thanks for the update!!! No CSX paperwork??? hahaha It sounds like a new connection from the siding to the P&W is in order! LOL
I hope there is no more paper work! That adds 12 lbs to our baggage!
 #1204377  by boatsmate

If the MBCR controls everything east of MP45, does that mean that the trains backing out of the P&W have to get permission form MBCR to back out onto the main? on Thursday night Q424(?) was backing out of the P&W and needed the light at CP 44 because he was 4700 feet and did not think he would fit. I was not able to get there before he pulled in , I assume he was backing onto the main, under this new arrangement, would he need to get clearance from MBCR?? just trying to figure out all the new goings on.

Also what is the new frequency??
 #1205353  by boatsmate

got the answer to my question the other night. the P&W inbound trailer /stack train Q4?? was told to leave the P&W's well west of 45 to bring the Worcester stacks in to the yard and return to the train, call the MBCR for permission through 45 into the MBCR territory to back into the P&W. the crew asked the Yard master if they could take the train up the Branch instead and back into he P&W that way, he said no they (P&W) did not want to do that..... the Yard master was heard saying to the train crew the fun is over in Worcester
 #1206990  by NaDspr

On Monday, Aug 12, 2013, the NA Dispatcher position was abolished and all territory previously controlled by the NA Dispatcher was transferred to the NB Dispatcher. The NB Dispatcher now controls the Boston Subdivision (CP45 inclusive) to CP92 (exclusive), the Berkshire Subdivision (CP92 inclusive) to CP-SM (exclusive), the Fitchburg, Framingham and Middleboro Subdivisions.

Before any trains - CSX or Amtrak - go east thru CP-45, permission must be obtained from the MBCR Worcester Line Dispatcher. CSX controls the signals at CP-45. The MBCR Worcester Line Dispatcher and the CSX NB Dispatcher must also communicate on moves headed west of CP-45 as well as moves made at CP-21 (Framingham) to / from the Framingham Sub toward Walpole.
 #1207058  by jaymac

At least Woodbury was gone before the job was gone.
 #1207166  by Eaglefan9727

Can anyone confirm that Amtrak #42 "Veterans" unit went into Boston. According to heritageunits.com, It was suppose to be on the Lake Shore Limited heading toward Boston today....
 #1207278  by frrc

jaymac wrote:At least Woodbury was gone before the job was gone.
Les Woodbury was known for his booming and monotone voice as a dispatcher. An interesting individual. I recall many years ago a CONRAIL signal maintainer who referred to Woodbury as "The Emperor of The Boston Line", in partial reference to the movie "Emperor of the North"..

JoeF
 #1207358  by neman2

frrc wrote:
jaymac wrote:At least Woodbury was gone before the job was gone.
Les Woodbury was known for his booming and monotone voice as a dispatcher. An interesting individual. I recall many years ago a CONRAIL signal maintainer who referred to Woodbury as "The Emperor of The Boston Line", in partial reference to the movie "Emperor of the North"..

JoeF
That brings back memories,I can remember that booming voice in particular the words "Dispatcher Woodbury" heard on my scanner many years ago.
 #1207390  by csxb&aconductor

Eaglefan9727 wrote:Can anyone confirm that Amtrak #42 "Veterans" unit went into Boston. According to heritageunits.com, It was suppose to be on the Lake Shore Limited heading toward Boston today....
it did and went west today on 449..nice looking engine
 #1208249  by Eaglefan9727

csxb&aconductor wrote:
Eaglefan9727 wrote:Can anyone confirm that Amtrak #42 "Veterans" unit went into Boston. According to heritageunits.com, It was suppose to be on the Lake Shore Limited heading toward Boston today....
it did and went west today on 449..nice looking engine
I agree. It was a great looking engine. Caught it at Worcester Union Station from the top of the parking garage. Here is one of a few photos that I took of it.

#1208750  by fl9m2004

Really nice pic of 42.
Hope it heads up this way again
Speaking of heritage units any chance of seeing one in new haven soon?
 #1208826  by Eaglefan9727

fl9m2004 wrote:Really nice pic of 42.
Hope it heads up this way again
Speaking of heritage units any chance of seeing one in new haven soon?
Considering that #49 was up here twice last week on the Lake Shore Limited. I don't see it coming back anytime soon. As for other heritage units, I am not sure. However, I keep track of ALL the heritage units using heritageunits.com
 #1210536  by frrc

Noticed today the old Barber's yard that runs along side I-290 in Worcester had a truck and crew doing brush removal along the abandoned tracks as well as the old yard itself where I-190/I-290 intersect.

Joe