Railroad Forums 

• Light engine move on the NEC 8/3

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#40691  by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

I am asuming this engine move was CSX, but does anyone know or hear any information on the NEC about the light engine move between Mansfield and Attleboro this morning, 8/3 at 11:50 am. i heard on the radio:

he said something like this:
Dispacther "Extra light engine consist, i am going to run you on Track 3 in Attleboro to Thatcher"

he did that because of #173 behind him. I assume it was CSX because the lite engine couldn't have been on the NEC long, due to #2163 heading to WAS. So i assumed the engine came off of the Framingham Sec. in Mansfield and moved down the line, but i don't know where. But i thought the possiblity of an Amtrak engine, but all of Track 3 isn't electrified, so it may have been an MBTA engine move

#40747  by CSX Conductor

Perhaps an Amtrak lite engine move............either heading to Pawtucket for a work extra, or lite engines heading out to rescue a disabled train. :wink:

#40783  by AmtrakFan

I thought they were only Allowed to Run Frieght 10PM to 6AM on the NEC.

AmtrakFan

#40818  by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

no, CSX freight are allowed on the NEC CSX B735 and other freights out of Readville operate during the day.

B735 works out of Walpole, and works in Mansfield sidings before coming down to Attleboro,

several freights operate out of Readville yard to the RTE industrail park and the stoughton branch for a lumber company

and CSX cond. maybe they were going out to rescue a train, the 1200 inbound, just a guess