Railroad Forums 

• First foreign business train for D.N.C.

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#37399  by CSX Conductor

Yes Octr, I undrerstand not hanging around late..........especially since the crew was on duty @1000pm....I believe it didnt head out of Beacon until about 200AM

#38443  by AmtrakFan

That NS Train is Very nice and UP is not going to the DNC due to being very late. Did CSX ever make it?

AmtrakFan

#39066  by octr202

CSXT has a set of office cars at Southampton St. (Amtrak yard in Boston).

http://naphotos.nerail.org/showpic/?pho ... bydate%3A4

Unknown how these got to Boston, and whether or not they were supposed to arrive in time to be placed at North Station. It seems they would have made for a rather substantial consist if they were tacked onto the end of an Amtrak train.

#39164  by ProRail

I heard there was no appearance of the UPRR business train because

A) They could not find a crew out in Omaha for it

B) It was tied onto the rear of one of their dedicated UPS trains. - Oops they cancelled those.

C) The DNC did not sign the Licensing Agreement to have the UPRR logo present anywhere in Boston.

D) It was to be pulled by the UP Challenger 3985 and the Northern 844 and we know CSX does not promote steam excursions.

E) It still "in the hole" on a siding somewhere between LA and Houston.

Seriously, the BNSF, CSXT and NS were all present. So was UP just keeping a low profile or unlike the other 3 they don't sit on the fence and appeal to both political parties. I am willing to bet the same trains will be in NYC next month.

#39664  by CSX Conductor

CSXT's office cars came to Boston on the rear of Amtrak # 66....a few at a time a couple nights in a row last week.

#67 had 2 of the business cars on the rear tonight, I believe the car that was parked at South Station was on the rear.

#39723  by AmtrakFan

Is UP going to the RNC?

AmtrakFan

#39772  by CSX Conductor

F40, i believe 6 or 7

Not the sharpest looking paint scheme either........not as good looking as the old ConRail bus train, or the NS train which got graffitied at Beacon Park Yard :(

#39905  by roadster

FYI,
The NS OCS was seen west bound 7/31 at about 7pm on CSX's former CR/NYC Chicago Line at MP 325 Savannah NY headed towards Buffalo NY.
Nice looking train

#40172  by octr202

Not the sharpest looking paint scheme either........not as good looking as the old ConRail bus train, or the NS train which got graffitied at Beacon Park Yard
Gee, I always thought the CSXT cars look good -- but maybe that's just as close as you can get to B&O passenger colors anymore. Always did think the executive power (either the old Clinchfield F's or the F40's) would look better on the business train if they were in the blue gray and gold like the cars too. But I digress..... :D

The NS consist is hard to beat though. Still -- although nothing matches the old NS excursion consist -- 20 cars strong behind the 611...but I digress even further...