Railroad Forums 

• SHARE YOUR CSX VIDEOS HERE

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#718986  by dwil89

August 27th of '09 was an active railfanning day for myself in the Bear Mountain, NY area...I hiked to the top of Anthony's Nose Mountain in the morning where I shot the CSX morning parade....hiked down to the South ledges in the afternoon for the afternoon parade, and then drove up to the overlook atop Bear Mountain to catch some more late afternoon action.

Link here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bamvh7fdoWM
 #721254  by sd80mac

dwil89 wrote:August 27th of '09 was an active railfanning day for myself in the Bear Mountain, NY area...I hiked to the top of Anthony's Nose Mountain in the morning where I shot the CSX morning parade....hiked down to the South ledges in the afternoon for the afternoon parade, and then drove up to the overlook atop Bear Mountain to catch some more late afternoon action.
find any rattlers there?? :P

I was told that there are plenty of rattlers at Bear Mountain area... especially on side of mountain where the sun baked them on the cliffs..
 #721458  by dwil89

sd80mac wrote:
dwil89 wrote:August 27th of '09 was an active railfanning day for myself in the Bear Mountain, NY area...I hiked to the top of Anthony's Nose Mountain in the morning where I shot the CSX morning parade....hiked down to the South ledges in the afternoon for the afternoon parade, and then drove up to the overlook atop Bear Mountain to catch some more late afternoon action.
find any rattlers there?? :P

I was told that there are plenty of rattlers at Bear Mountain area... especially on side of mountain where the sun baked them on the cliffs..
I've been fortunate enough not to encounter any snakes thus far on my various hikes up Dunderberg, Anthony's Nose, Breakneck Ridge, etc....I mostly keep close to the trails, and watch my step when wandering off the trails to the overlooks....
 #721459  by dwil89

On a nice cool morning a couple of Sundays ago, I hiked to the overlook atop Dunderberg Mountain, near Bear Mountain, NY along the CSX Riverline.

A morning fog was lifting as a Southbound CSX intermodal approached and crossed Iona Island..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k19OpGNypIE
 #721645  by sd80mac

dwil89 wrote:I've been fortunate enough not to encounter any snakes thus far on my various hikes up Dunderberg, Anthony's Nose, Breakneck Ridge, etc....I mostly keep close to the trails, and watch my step when wandering off the trails to the overlooks....

one thing that u have advantage over me... I cant hear the rattlers!!!!! LOL
 #729754  by dwil89

38 million was spent to convert the old Poughkeepsie-Highland NY Railroad Bridge, last used by Penn-Central in 1974, to a walkway, park.

This has opened up new photo vantagepoints of the CSX Riverline in the Highland, NY area...

A Northbound CSX intermodal lays on the horn for several grade crossings as it rolls through Highland, NY..as seen from the new walkway bridge...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2XddRkR0Bk