Railroad Forums 

• CSX Font?

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#301313  by lgldsr

Greetings!

Looks like an outstanding Forum, just joined. Does anyone know what Font CSX uses for their Logo?

Thank you!

Lyman

#301887  by lgldsr

MBTA F40PH-2C 1050 wrote:a very large font, haha, other than that i have nothing :-D

LOL!

#301998  by umtrr-author

My guess is that it's a custom design and doesn't align with any specific commercial font. That was true for many of the "fallen flag" roadnames.

#302017  by lgldsr

umtrr-author wrote:My guess is that it's a custom design and doesn't align with any specific commercial font. That was true for many of the "fallen flag" roadnames.
CSX is a fallen flag? You lost me there...is not CSX still in service?

Thanks,

Lyman

#302258  by umtrr-author

Correct. CSX is still alive and well.

I was referring to railroads of the past as examples of where a staff member (probably) designed and / or actually cut the stencils for the roadname.

#302259  by lgldsr

umtrr-author wrote:Correct. CSX is still alive and well.

I was referring to railroads of the past as examples of where a staff member (probably) designed and / or actually cut the stencils for the roadname.

Ah, I see. Thanks!

#303961  by NaugMOW

The font used on the long hood is "Lubalin Graph Bold", (generally 40" tall) and the font used on the unit number is "Helvetica" (generally 16" tall). This is according to the actual paint charts for YN2 units.

-Chad