Railroad Forums 

• Quantico Bridge in VA on CSX Line: Completion Date?

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#279997  by villager

Train performance between NC and DC continues to be miserable.

I believe Acca Yard and the Quantico Bridge are two pieces of the puzzle. Last I read, the Quantico bridge with track 2 was supposed to be done in early 2007. Anybody know how likely this is to finish on time, and when we might see improvements in running times for trains in this corridor?

#280006  by RichM

If you subscribe to another familiar railroad website, there are postings from time to time about the bridge progress, along with photos. Looks to be moving along on time. The bridge as constructed will support two tracks but only one is being laid now. There are no plans to remove the original "new" span that was constructed about 10 years ago, so that it is conceivable that the entire line could receive a third track in the future.

ACCA yard improvements are included in the Virginia transportation budget this year. I don't know if any work has started.

#280027  by Jersey_Mike

I heard the date is a day after Forever.

#280048  by RichM

No, that would be if Warrington was involved or the construction was taking place in New Jersey.

It's real, it's almost finished from a structural point, and you can see it from Route 1.

ACCA, you may be right, but if the state's paying and CSX benefits, it will happen.

#280096  by John_Perkowski

Moved to the CSXT forum.

Please remember the Amtrak Forum is Nationwide in scope. Having reference of which trains use a piece of infrastructure helps the whole forum.

#280209  by chefwrg

I've seen a bunch of CSX trucks and contractors doing something at the north end of the Acca yard. Seems to be some electrical involved , my guess is they are working on the improvements. They've been there for about a month. The other big deal was up in Ashland and they've got all that completed. Think they put in a couple of switches and did signal upgrades. I do know that everything they put in that section now has concrete ties. I went to Philadelphia about a month ago and there were piles of old switches along the ROW just south of Ashland.

Win
 #282767  by therock

At last check (late last week), it was scheduled for March, 2007. Delays in track & signal work might push this back a bit, but the bridge itself will be done by then.

villager wrote:Train performance between NC and DC continues to be miserable.

I believe Acca Yard and the Quantico Bridge are two pieces of the puzzle. Last I read, the Quantico bridge with track 2 was supposed to be done in early 2007. Anybody know how likely this is to finish on time, and when we might see improvements in running times for trains in this corridor?