Railroad Forums 

• CSX Baltimore Time Tables

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#250981  by gprimr1

Does anyone know where I can find information about CSX movements through Baltimore? I have two places I like to go, a small B&O outdoor Museum in Lansdowne MD and a couple places in Mt. Royal. I don't have alot of free time, so I was hoping I could maybe find a schedule.

#251117  by CSX Conductor

Although I am not familar with the area, I can tell you that most traffic is probably hard to predict as freights don't run as reliable as passenger trains. Also, maybe somebody at the museum you mentioned could give you some info as to when trains usually are in the area. :wink:

#251258  by railohio

Railroads aren't "scheduled" anymore as a rule. Trains run when the cars, crews, and power are available. Your best bet is to grab a good book and wait 'em out.

#252173  by mmi16

railohio wrote:Railroads aren't "scheduled" anymore as a rule. Trains run when the cars, crews, and power are available. Your best bet is to grab a good book and wait 'em out.
Beg to differ....todays railroads have 'schedules' for every train they operate. Operating On Time on that schedule is the problem.

As Info....

The CSX UPS I-95 Intermodal fleet Q171-Q172-Q173-Q174 are scheduled past the Mt.Royal area in the 6AM to Noon range, as always their timely operation is dependent on the oprating situations of the day.

#252222  by railohio

They're not publically schedule where this guy could talk to a friendly (Ha!) CSX sales rep and figure out what trains he can see at a particular time. There are times within the railroad to make sure cars make connections and such but they are more "guidelines" than anything solid except for the so-called "hot" traffic.

#252285  by gprimr1

I will have to check that out. I would like to see the Juice Train to.

I noticed there was some CSX activity on the Baltimore Terminal subdivision in the evening. I guess it truly is a matter of waiting. I kinna wish I was getting into this in the fall :)