Railroad Forums 

• local in Taunton 4/21

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#238590  by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

hey everyone, today 4/21 i caught a local heading from the Middleboro Direction to the Attleboro direction at 2:53 pm. This train had 4 engines lite.

When he came back through Taunton at 5:16, he had a train of 39 cars, they looked like Selkirk cars that B726 should have taken the night before. My question is, does B726 leave parts of its train on the Middleboro Secondary near the Myles Standish Industrial park? because there was many cars in teh consist, gondolas, freezer cars, grain cars, box cars, etc., cars that the Industrial park doesn't take, so my only guess was that these engines picked up B726's train and were bringing it to Middleboro, is this theory possible?
 #238719  by GP40MC1118

Matt:

Sounds like B726 outlawed at Myles Standish and B729 was sent to pick them up..Or maybe B727.

Anway, I just got on RT24 at Taunton around 230PM and saw a CSX freight on the Cotely/Middleboro line. I thought it was B727 heading back to Middleboro, but apparently it was your train heading to Attleboro Jct (Myles Standish).

Can CSX Conductor shed any more light on this!?

Dave

#238726  by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

but if B726 outlawed at myles standish, how would the engines come from Middleboro? there are only 4 engines in Middleboro right now

#238751  by CSX Conductor

Sorry, I'm baffled as well....but will ask around. :wink:
 #238763  by GP40MC1118

Some questions:

1) Are only 4 units assigned to Middleboro? This would mean two each for
B727 and B729, then all four for the night job B736.

And engineer friend of mine saw B729 with 4 units the other day, so
either B727 did not run or there were extra units in the neighborhood.
So it begs the question has CSX cut back on the two day locals?

2) Maybe B726 didn't outlaw, but left their Cotely Jct drop at Attleboro Jct
on the Myles lead. This might be a safer place than Cotely, since I here
there been ongoing break-ins there to the beer cars. Also, a friend that
works at Quebecor said vandals set a boxcar on fire out back. Never
heard anything about that though.

Dave

#238777  by CSX Conductor

You are correct Dave, 4 total, 2 each and then all four for MI-1.

As for combining locals, the Cranberry Division has been short-handed this week. 2 conductor's on vacation, one off bereavement and then one got off a job for the road. Same with engineers, three on vacation. (School vacation time).
 #241303  by pharmerphil54

A belated answer to the question,there was no crew for B726 the previous night and so the inbounds from B725 wre left in Attleboro. After doing part of their work in Brockton the crew of B729 picked up the power that had been used on B727 (no inbound cars so B727 was done early)and retrieved the cars left on Branch 5 by the night job from Framingham.