Railroad Forums 

• Operations on the River Line (Good Friday)

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#234206  by FireChaserE3

Does anyone know if CSX will be operating trains on Good Friday (4/14/06) on the River Line? I know that most companies will observe this as a holiday and wasn't sure if CSX would as well.

Jim F.

#234433  by SD70ACECSX

Best day to be on the Riverline will be Saturday ( day before Easter). Last year I took a trip up there and caught 20 trains....they were running 2-3 at a clip!!! It was by far one of my better days up there..

Good Luck!!!!
David

#234623  by FireChaserE3

I'll definately have to head up there and check it out on Saturday. Hopefully the weather will be nice.

Jim F.

#234756  by n01jd1

FireChaserE3 wrote:I'll definately have to head up there and check it out on Saturday. Hopefully the weather will be nice.

Jim F.
Sorry to inform you, but this coming Saturday, like the past four to five Saturdays will not be very nice. They are talking about showers throughout the day. I guess we are going to be in that pattern where it rains every Saturday for quite awhile. Thats one of the reasons I HATE living in New Jersey. The weather is ALWAYS lousy.