Railroad Forums 

• CSX local

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#233452  by CSRR573

Does any one know if the CSX local that uses the Middleborough-lakville line has a scheduale? An if so does any one have it, because alot of days when walking home from school i see the CSX local and i want to take pictures of the local and when i go down to the station i never see it.

#233552  by CSX Conductor

There are actually two locals which work the MBCR's Middleboro Line. B733 services the Boston Globe and in doing so travels between the beginning of the Middleboro Line @ Cabot Interlocking and the Boston Globe siding, which is just south of JFK/UMass station.

However, you are referring to B729 which starts at Middleboro yard with an on-duty time of 730am M-F. They work amny industries along the route and turn at Braintree. The times to catch them in certain spots will vary of course, but for the most part they normally have to keep certain time slots to avoid delaying MBCR commuter trains. :wink:

#233725  by CSRR573

Thanks! I usually see it when walking down a side road at around 2:40.
Now that i know this i guess ill just have to bring my camera to school and get to the site early enough to get rady for the train!