Railroad Forums 

• Layoffs?

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#184726  by wolfe

I plan on going to the AMDG school in Dec. I have heard that once you are "hired" and working on the % of pay schedule that there is a strong possibility of being laid off before hitting the next pay tier. Since it sounds like so many people are being hire in, I do not want to work for several months only to get laid off. Has anyone had any experience regarding this or related difficulties? Thank you in advance for your replies.

#185163  by CSX Conductor

The chance of being laid-off varies in many areas. However, nowadays they can't seem to hire enough people around here. Especially in the Boston area, there aren't many trainees (only about 4, if that) and we need to get more hired, at least in the Boston area.

Just curios, where are you looking to hire-out?

#185167  by wolfe

I will be out of Decatur, IL. Very flat and not much to look at! I have read many of your posts and you are pretty positive about RR life. I appreciate that. I do my best to ignore the people who are negative about "everything", but they do make one nervous at times! Thank you for your reply.