• Chessie Painted Locomotives

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

by lakeshoredave

How many units are still in Chessie paint on the CSX roster?

Lakeshore out

by roadster

Can't answer the question myself but related topic, CSX 9122 GP-40 in full Chessie paint arrived in Selkirk and was last seen by the diesel service area on 10/19.
  by lakeshoredave

saw that unit on Q366 on tuesday morning. what a rare bird. seeing a chessie unit these days is like bill buckner coming back to manage the red sox!

lakeshore dave

by crazy_nip

locomotives? none

rc platforms which used to be locomotives? 2

they are somewhere up north, I think one was in cincy for a while

by charlie6017

According to the Bullsheet, there are three. Numbered #9120 thru 9122. They are the RC platforms that Nip mentioned.

by CSX Conductor

FYI: The 9122 headed west from Selkirk to Buffalo on Q285 yesterday. :wink:

I would like to see a Chessie scheme around here for a change, even though I am allergic to shoving platforms. LOL :P

by Robert Paniagua

I remember the Chessie Logo myself, I remember seeing engines with that logo back in 1986/87 when I lived in Germantown Maryland, and I would see them pull almost all freight trains in the WAS-Martinsburg WV line, which passes thru Germantown.