Railroad Forums 

• CSXT 4810

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#176108  by CSX Conductor

Just curios as to whether or not CSXT 4810 was scrapped or is it being salvaged. Anybody have any info. It looks like it is possible to repair :wink: .

#176128  by AmtrakFan

CSX,
I have many units that look much worse then that be rebuilt several Amtrak units come to mind so I think the 4810 will return.

#176136  by CSX Conductor

That's what I thought. :wink:

#176138  by charlie6017

What happened? They try taking that to the beach?? :wink:

#176256  by Amtrak31

4810 looks pretty badly damaged. It will most likely return to service, but will take some time.

#176641  by ACLfan

CSX # 4810 has been at Watco's repair facility in Jacksonville, FL since the wreck.

I haven't stopped by in over a month, so I don't know the up-to-date status of repairs, or if it has been moved to another location.

It seemed like the repair work was proceeding very slowly. Don't know if the speed of repairs had anything to do with the yet to be released National Safety Board's Report of the accident.

ACLfan