Railroad Forums 

• CSX Heritage units? just like UP program?

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#185974  by bundybuster

Hello, looking for any of you old timer from the Walbridge, Ohio yard.... I retired in 1988 from the CSX Railroad. This is me Don Bundy...I was a engineer for 40 years.. Pm if you wish. Like to hear from you...[/b]
 #186427  by brianpwestgate

Apparently the Monon logo is owned by the man who runs Marquette Rail, which is the new operator of the Pere Marquette north of Grand Rapids to Ludington and Manistee. He's using it for his operation, though all the locomotives are leased, so not in a MRC paintscheme.

#195304  by N. Todd

So does he own the MON and CIL reporting marks?
And who has P&N and TC?

#195438  by Dieter

There are enough predecessor roads to have a rotating "Heritage Program" for years. There's always something in it for the company, if they just figure it out.

It's all up to the Public Relations department. What's the cheapest form of advertising? DO IT YOURSELF. If you make heritage units for all of these predecessor roads that make up CSX, you will TURN A LOT OF HEADS towards your BRAND RECOGNITION. Heritage Units are better advertising and PR than money can buy in a print, or television commercial compaign.

Naturally, they will have to spend upwards of $80,000 for a study to be done by an outside firm, only for an inexperienced 27 year old with an MBA to read that out of a book to them.

If CSX has a shard of creative management, they will follow Union Pacific's lead.

Dieter.

#195492  by badneighbor

a Seaboard engine would be a must...

#196160  by conrail_engineer

Dieter wrote: If CSX has a shard of creative management, they will follow Union Pacific's lead.
But they don't; and that's that. :(

#196317  by Dieter

I would be happy to see some modern power in black with white lettering and a New York Central cigarband on the snout.

Dieter.

#196376  by charlie6017

Dieter,
I can say I agree with you, but I think your best chance to see a newer black unit with any white on it would be a NS unit paying back hours to CSX.

#198710  by Tadman

We're forgetting the PM!!!

Note that most every C&O/Chessie/CSX paint scheme has been a variation of that applied to E7 101 in 1947. The only exception has been the vermillion red on Chessie, and the absence of yellow on the early CSX units. Other than that, PM intro'd blue/yellow/grey in 1947 and that's been the rule ever since.

And 101 was probably the best looking E7 to leave LaGrange, except maybe some ATSF warbonnets.

So when we talk about heritage, we should start with the basics - the first scheme on the earliest diesel on the system. (unless those PM switchers were first - but they were still blue/yellow)

#198730  by crazy_nip

atsf did not have any E7A's