• CSX Connecticut

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

by shepaug

Anybody know what businesses are served by CSX west of New Haven,Ct. ? I know there is one customer left in Bridgeport,Ct. A lumber place next to some 'stone' company. The Stratford Industrial Track is unused I think. If there were any customers left I would just like to take a picture or two but I can't drive around endless looking for such possibility. I guess from taking Metro North one could look look look but I never ride such. (of recent times)
  by Ridgefielder

West Haven: some sort of distribution warehouse (not sure of the company) and City Carting & Recycling.
Bridgeport: Northeast Building Supply
Darien: Ring's End Lumber
Mamaroneck, NY: Marval Industries

It's a shockingly short list when you consider how much freight business the New Haven had in this area even in the 1960's.
Last edited by MEC407 on Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: unnecessary quoting
  by Backshophoss

There was a lumber yard at New Canaan,with a couple of industry sidings on the Branch near Springdale ages ago.
The local out of Oak Point doesn't venture east past Stamford.
  by shepaug

I went to CSX part of forum just to read and was not aware CSX was selling everything? around here. Ever see an actual list ?
  by rb

Is Star Distribution still going?

What about the warehouse just east of West Haven station? The spur had been reconnected and put back in service after the station was built.