Railroad Forums 

• HOW SCREWED UP IS WILLARD???

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#1438051  by shlustig

Stopped at Greenwich yesterday, and some trainwatchers said that trains were lined up on both sides of Willard waiting to get in or through the terminal.

In the 2' I was there, CSX ran 3 eastbounds via the B&O side to New Castle (1 85-car unit grain, 1 160+-car mixed, and 1 I/M) and 5 via the x-Big four to Berea (2 mixed, 1 salad shooter, 2 I/M, and 2 Auto-racks).

East of Greenwich on the Big Four side there were 5 westbounds holding: 2 freights, 2 I/M's, and 1 Auto-Rack, with several xg's blocked for extended periods.

When I got to Berea, trains were being held on the Short Line as Collinwood was plugged and as the Disp announced over the radio, there were no rested crews available to move traffic to Buffalo.

Not bad for a Sunday!
 #1438096  by Noel Weaver

It is sad to hear of this kind of railroading. You and I and lots of others can hold our heads high for being a vital part of Conrail when we got trains over the road safely and efficiently. I am very glad that I am retired.
All the best!
Noel Weaver
 #1438098  by mmi16

Further proof that EHH has no idea of how to operate CSX.
 #1439261  by Gilbert B Norman

Wasn't Willard supposed to be X-roads of Chessie's East-West operations such as Conrail established at Cleveland and outlined in the book "The Men Who Loved Trains"?
 #1439268  by Noel Weaver

Gilbert B Norman wrote:Wasn't Willard supposed to be X-roads of Chessie's East-West operations such as Conrail established at Cleveland and outlined in the book "The Men Who Loved Trains"?
BOTTLENECK might be a better word for Willard.
Noel Weaver