• CSX In Boston Area

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

by Knucklehead

johnpbarlow wrote:There's anger (well, one person anyhow) in Foxboro over CSX freight yarding moves that apparently occur in the night and early morning

https://patch.com/massachusetts/foxboro ... re-routine

Read the letter which is little nonsensical and then watch the video - the person taking the video is yelling at the crew and other RR personnel (and there is brief calm encounter with a local cop). "What the hell are you doing!?! What is going on here!?! You've got to be kidding me!" and locomotives are operating at "jet engine" decibel levels.

The video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... Jo7Wti9FtQ

Has CSX changed its operating procedures on this line? Has Mr DiMauro have any reasonable basis for his complaints? Obviously trains have been operating here for 150+ years.
Well, what do you expect when you live near railroad tracks? The people in Jacksonville do not care that it's 4:00 AM and you're trying to sleep - they are trying to move their freight, and have to work around passenger and commuter rail schedules!
  by AmtrakLocomotiveEngineer

What an idiot. The Road Foreman from CSX remained professional but at the same time seems pretty clueless. I worked that territory during my CSX days and had a few others complain further north. Even when we shut the engine down while at a pizza shop they still bitched. Why the hell would you buy property next to a railroad line and then complain? I understand that Realtors probably lie and say the line is dead or used very infrequently to sell the house, but still, the railroad has been there for over 100 years.
  by ExCon90

That part about the Realtor is certainly true -- people need to remember that the Realtor acts for the seller, not the buyer. What do they think he's going to say?