Railroad Forums 

• ES44DC

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#152698  by crazy_nip

looks like just another GE to me...

as an aside, anyone know what kind of brake shoes these things have?

#152768  by CSX Conductor

Yeah Nip, looks like another GE......is this supposed to be one of the more "environmentally friendly" units?

#152780  by crazy_nip

I wonder if being environmentally friendly helps them pull freight better

#152789  by CSX Conductor

Haha, it doesn't !!! But I thought I saw something about GE experimenting with new cleaner fuel systems for locomotives. And let's not forget the battery operated locomotive.

#153055  by trainmaster_1

Anything coming out of that GE plant is absolute garbage......

#155668  by roadster

system Bulletin recently anounced that CSX was purchasing these new GE's equiped with a video camera and recorded to have a video record of crossing incidents. This is simular to NS's and BNSF's programs which are already out there in service. The CSX engines are also equiped with an exterior microphone to record sounds such as Horn, Bell, etc.

#156931  by GOLDEN-ARM

Hey, NIP. After an exhaustive, 2 day "GOOGLE" marathon session, I can now report the new GE units will be equipped with COBRA 2" HF Composition shoes. The new shoes look great, on the freshly painted shoe head/hangers. Also, standard "fish-keys" are used, to retain those shoes, securely on the heads. Hope this helps..... :wink: Never would have found them, without your super GOOGLE link !!!! Regards :wink: