Railroad Forums 

• CSX Business Train Sideswiped - Moncrief

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#1217945  by Flat-Wheeler

No Charlie, because it was not entirely personally directed towards you only. You at least acknowledged and apologized. On the previous page, I thought I read over some posts which really came across rude. I'm not going back to look right now. Time marches on forward.
 #1217948  by charlie6017

Thanks Flat-Wheeler.........I did try my best to make it right. I'm far from perfect and I admit that
I can be a bit prickly at times and I do apologize if I offended anyone in any way. ;-)

Charlie
 #1217971  by airman00

This situation is exactly why there needs (or in this case needed) to be a crew in that switcher. Maybe the business train couldn't see the switcher but the switcher crew would've definately seen the business train in plenty of time to stop. Especially since the switcher was running cab end forward.
 #1218007  by mmi16

While I am personally in favor of manned crews vs. remote control jobs. Just having an engineer on board the engine is no guarantee that he won't sideswipe something. There have been sideswipes since the first time two locomotives moved cars in the same operating area. Not having a engineer on the remote control engine prevented the engineer from being a possible injury.