Railroad Forums 

• Derailment in Mohawk, NY

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#1196389  by Steve F45

pictures on nysw fb page showing all 3 units on the ground in a twisted heap of metal. Lead engine is CSX SD70MAC nose deep in the mud and muck of a field it looks like. Crew reportedly in hospital, unknown on extent of injuries. Second engine is a CSX GE trailing was BNSF GE.
 #1196390  by Steve F45

more pics posted, looks like a mixed freight that hit the ground. Cars are all over the place, debris everwhere.

2 Detours are supposedly already getting ready to come down the NYSW Syracuse line to get into NJ.
 #1196411  by sd80mac

Steve F45 wrote:pictures on nysw fb page showing all 3 units on the ground in a twisted heap of metal. Lead engine is CSX SD70MAC nose deep in the mud and muck of a field it looks like. Crew reportedly in hospital, unknown on extent of injuries. Second engine is a CSX GE trailing was BNSF GE.
where did u see bnsf??? SD70 is in the ditch right behind the road. I could see that all 3 locomotives are csx...
 #1196431  by Steve F45

sd80mac wrote:
Steve F45 wrote:pictures on nysw fb page showing all 3 units on the ground in a twisted heap of metal. Lead engine is CSX SD70MAC nose deep in the mud and muck of a field it looks like. Crew reportedly in hospital, unknown on extent of injuries. Second engine is a CSX GE trailing was BNSF GE.
where did u see bnsf??? SD70 is in the ditch right behind the road. I could see that all 3 locomotives are csx...
the pic i saw is dark and underexposed, the csx yellow looked orange like bnsf. my mistake.