Railroad Forums 

• CSX Freight Into Boston Now

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#1146996  by fogg1703

I'm confused, the containers interchanged to PW has always been CSX traffic. Are referring to who actually loads/unloads the containers?
 #1147077  by bratkinson

The Boston intermodal ramp is scheduled to close this Saturday. Once the few inbound loads there have been taken to their consignees, and whatever empties are there have been sent out on Q019 or trucked to Worcester, the ramp will close forever.

During the past month or so, all Boston intermodal traffic has been transferred in stages to the newly rebuilt/reopened Worcester ramp. As of this past Monday, there has been no inbound rail traffic to the Boston ramp.
 #1148314  by Knucklehead

F-line to Dudley via Park wrote:Aside from the engine yard + Houghton Chemical, are there any scraps remaining after the ramp closes tomorrow? Or is this truly the end for the main yard?
I drove by the Park Saturday and the switcher was parked at the east end near the tower with three gons on the same track. TV-1 was full of bare tables.....
 #1152363  by CSX Conductor

A former co-worker of mine called me today and informed me that Beacon Park is now "Officially Closed". The engine house is still in service, but the only train through the yard is B721 heading for The Grand Jct Running Track to get to Chelsea.
 #1152524  by MNCRR9000

Driving past the Beacon Park Yard today on I-90 it was completely empty except for a couple of cranes moving CSX equipment onto trucks.
 #1152666  by MBTA1016

So beacon park has finally come to a close. At least there's Framingham to go to if u to see a good sized yard besides readville. Just out of curiosity, what was the last road freight that left beacon park?
 #1152715  by Ironman

If road freight means boxcars and such, that would be about 4 years ago, ever since they got rid of the Q420/Q421.
Last edited by Ironman on Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #1152770  by MBTA1016

So there hasn't been a road freight from anywhere into Boston at all in the last four years and everything has gone to either worcester or Framingham?
 #1153105  by MBTA1016

Thanks I didn't realize its been that long since a road freight left beacon park
 #1154594  by MBTA1016

Happened to pass by the readville yard on sprague st and saw a lengthy consist of freight cars. It was all boxcars except for a center beam that was loaded on the Boston end of it. No csx locos that I could see either.
 #1155065  by CSX Conductor

Mbta fan wrote:Happened to pass by the readville yard on sprague st and saw a lengthy consist of freight cars. It was all boxcars except for a center beam that was loaded on the Boston end of it. No csx locos that I could see either.
This doesn't make any sense. There is no yard used by CSX on Sprague Street. Perhaps you saw a local returning from Framingham to Readville....if it was on the Franklin Branch.