Railroad Forums 

• CSX (TORCO)

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#1553481  by Pensyfan19

A to the N to the Y to the O to the N to the E to the question mark
 #1553638  by mmi16

Pensyfan19 wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:11 pm Does anyone know the current status of these narrow gauge GE 55 Ton switchers, and whether they are still in use?
Operating or not, CSX does not consider them locomotives.
 #1553656  by Pensyfan19

Whether CSX considers them locomotives or not, I would like to know if they are still running as they would be the last remaining locomo- err, pieces of equipment, which are technically still in the YN1 paint scheme. I have done some research on the area and I am planning to use it for my youtube channel for a new series, and I am assuming that these units are still operating. Is this correct?
 #1553714  by mmi16

Pensyfan19 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:32 am Whether CSX considers them locomotives or not, I would like to know if they are still running as they would be the last remaining locomo- err, pieces of equipment, which are technically still in the YN1 paint scheme. I have done some research on the area and I am planning to use it for my youtube channel for a new series, and I am assuming that these units are still operating. Is this correct?
The most recent Google Earth picture

https://earth.google.com/web/@41.693473 ... 000069t,0r
 #1554023  by Pensyfan19

mmi16 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:48 pm
Pensyfan19 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:32 am Whether CSX considers them locomotives or not, I would like to know if they are still running as they would be the last remaining locomo- err, pieces of equipment, which are technically still in the YN1 paint scheme. I have done some research on the area and I am planning to use it for my youtube channel for a new series, and I am assuming that these units are still operating. Is this correct?
The most recent Google Earth picture

https://earth.google.com/web/@41.693473 ... 000069t,0r
I´m sorry, but the link doesn´t work on my end. I tried it on a few different devices and none of them worked. Does anyone have a screenshot of the image or at least a recent image of these engines?
 #1554261  by Backshophoss

6 units,all blue dipped not sure if they are standard or 3 foot gauge