Railroad Forums 

• SEPTA and New Jersey Commuter Regions

• Discussion related to the operations and equipment of Consolidated Rail Corp. (Conrail) from 1976 to its present operations as Conrail Shared Assets. Official web site can be found here: CONRAIL.COM.
Discussion related to the operations and equipment of Consolidated Rail Corp. (Conrail) from 1976 to its present operations as Conrail Shared Assets. Official web site can be found here: CONRAIL.COM.

Moderators: TAMR213, keeper1616

#983055  by RedbirdR33

About a year or so before the SEPTA and NJT took over the operation of the commuter railroads Conrail created two commuter regions in order to facilitate an orderly transfer. The New Jersey Commuter Region was created out of the Atlantic Region began operating passenger service over most of the lines that would become New Jersey Transit Rail Operations. The SEPTA Commuter Region was created out of the Eastern Region and included those lines which eventually became part of the SEPTA Railroad Division.
Both of these new regions published their own employee timetables. Does anyone have some memories of this?

Larry, RedbirdR33
 #983241  by Noel Weaver

SEPTA Commuter Region employee timetable no. 1, october 25, 1981, I have one copy in my collection of this one.
New jersey Commuter region employee timetale no. 1, October 1, 1981, I have one copy in my collection of this one too.
I never did any research on this stuff so this is about the best I can do for you.
Noel Weaver