Railroad Forums 

• Conrail Logo

• Discussion related to the operations and equipment of Consolidated Rail Corp. (Conrail) from 1976 to its present operations as Conrail Shared Assets. Official web site can be found here: CONRAIL.COM.
Discussion related to the operations and equipment of Consolidated Rail Corp. (Conrail) from 1976 to its present operations as Conrail Shared Assets. Official web site can be found here: CONRAIL.COM.

Moderators: TAMR213, keeper1616

#438124  by Fred Olka

Maybe it is a can opener . About to open a can of worms! :wink:

#438803  by conrail_engineer

CRail wrote:ok i get it, thanks guys. It was the inner and outer rings that threw me off.
Some of their training and promo films made that clear...graphics of a set of railroad wheels rolling on track, morphing into the Conrail logo.

I gotta admit I never got it either, until I'd seen that opening to their videos.

#439866  by Conrail1990

It always looked like half of a smiling face.

#439875  by RussNelson

CRail wrote:i dont see steel wheels on steel rails.
Loser! :-) Imagine that you're looking at it in line with the axel. Squinting helps. So do psychoactive drugs.

#439890  by scottychaos

I just re-uploaded the diagram I posted on page 1 of this thread back in 2004..at some point I must have deleted it, and the "RED-X" was showing up.

here it is again..this is how I personally intrepret the logo:

Scot

#439897  by scottychaos

I always saw the logo as one wheel on one rail,
as depicted above.
but others (earlier in this thread) said they envisioned it
as two wheels on two rails..which I totally never saw until this thread!
two wheels on two rails would be something like this:

Scot

#439898  by Conrail1990

Interesting. Thanx Scot.

#495792  by 9secondvega

As an ex electrician in Enola Diesel Shop, we lovingly referred to the logo as.........."SURF'S UP" Kinda looks like a big wave breakin' into white water, doesn't it?