"A short branch of the Pennsylvania Railroad from Torrance (on the main line) to Blairsville opened in 1851; only a small piece of this at Blairsville is still in use. The Western Pennsylvania Railroad opened from Blairsville west to Saltsburg in 1863 and to Kiskiminetas Junction (near Freeport) in 1864 or 1865. The line from Freeport to Allegheny (Pittsburgh) opened in 1866. A new, more direct line east from Blairsville was built by the Western Penn in the early 1880s, meeting the PRR main line at Bolivar. The PRR's Sang Hollow Extension, now only part of the Conemaugh Line west of Conpitt Junction, opened east to Johnstown in 1876; the portion east of Conpitt Junction was operated as a one-way line for westbound freight. All of the aforementioned lines became part of the PRR through leases and mergers, and were taken over by Conrail in 1976. In the 1999 breakup of Conrail, the line was assigned to Norfolk Southern."
Just an all around railfan.