Railroad Forums 

• Ten Years

• Discussion related to the operations and equipment of Consolidated Rail Corp. (Conrail) from 1976 to its present operations as Conrail Shared Assets. Official web site can be found here: CONRAIL.COM.
Discussion related to the operations and equipment of Consolidated Rail Corp. (Conrail) from 1976 to its present operations as Conrail Shared Assets. Official web site can be found here: CONRAIL.COM.

Moderators: TAMR213, keeper1616

#677476  by ns2110

Just a reminder, today was ten years that Conrail has been gone. I'm surprised that nobody else beat me to this.
 #677658  by Noel Weaver

Not much to celebrate on this topic. Something that did not have to happen and should not have happened.
Noel Weaver
 #677917  by ns2110

Trust me, there was no celebration, just remembrance of a great railroad.
 #677950  by atsf sp

Wow its already been that long. I still remember eating by the tracks and watching Conrail freights, now I sit in the same place and all I see is CSX.
 #677974  by RDGTRANSMUSEUM

Did anybody go up to the RRM of PA Conrail event?
 #680018  by ns2110

I would have loved to have gone to the event only I didn't know about it until the very last minute. There was no mention of it over at RYPN which surprised me. I would have liked to have seen an SD60I at the Strasburg Railroad but I guess it wasn't meant to be.
 #680189  by Big Bri

I went.It was pretty damn cool if I do say so........
NS 6757(x5644)SD-60I "CRQ"
NS 7211(x4119)SD-80MAC "HH"
and
NS 7581 GEVO
These 3 units were displayed out back and were open to the public to walk thru or just sit inside.
Click on this link:
http://www.railpictures.net/showphotos.php
And you'll see just what a stellar job the CRHS did in making the 5644 look Beautiful!!
Lot's of Kiosk's with guys selling ton's of CR memorabilia.But it was the Penn Central T-shirt that sold me!!
Sorry,at 46 I grew up with the PC.The E-44's and GG-1's are etched in my memory banks from seeing them in action in the 70's.

All in all,CR Days was a rousing Success!

Bri