Railroad Forums 

• Track Chart elevation data

• Discussion related to the operations and equipment of Consolidated Rail Corp. (Conrail) from 1976 to its present operations as Conrail Shared Assets. Official web site can be found here: CONRAIL.COM.
Discussion related to the operations and equipment of Consolidated Rail Corp. (Conrail) from 1976 to its present operations as Conrail Shared Assets. Official web site can be found here: CONRAIL.COM.

Moderators: TAMR213, keeper1616

#659156  by Storknest

I was looking through some track charts on the Multimodalways site and while it looks like grades are marked, there doesn't appear to be any data for elevation heights. Is that standard? Wondering since I have seen charts for other railroads like D&H that has both grade and elevation data.
 #671650  by scharnhorst

Are you looking at a maintaince program book?

I have one but shows a curvy line at the bottom of the page it shows the direction of curves on the track and the degree of radius. I'm unaware of elevation marking in the there maintaince program books but will take a look.
 #691235  by scharnhorst

Storknest wrote:Nope, these.
http://www.multimodalways.org/archives/ ... harts.html
Has two seperate lines on the bottom, one for curve radius, the other for grade % but that line lacks elevation data.

none of them links work comes up as file not found.
 #707577  by patgm

I'm sure this isn't the correct place to post this but it seems those of you posting here might know the answer to my question...
My property backs up to the Philadelphia Main Line tracks (between the Radnor, PA and St. Davids, PA stations). I believe there is an old stormwater runofff drain that runs from the back of my property and under the tracks - I can see the other side where the water was meant to discharge (it is about a 20" by 30" rectangular opening built with brick about 15' below the grade of the tracks. I can look up this opening at least 50-60' with a flashlight but cannot find the opening/inlet on my side of the tracks. Thus, I am fairly certain I (or my neighbor) have an inlet that has been covered over from years of storms and debris - after a storm we get a huge puddle/pond in that area and it's becoming a problem in terms of safety with my 3 and 5 yr olds and bugs, etc.
OK. My question. Where might I find a blueprint/chart that would tell me where this inlet is located in terms of distance offset from the tracks and depth? Does this information exist online? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!
 #707593  by scharnhorst

patgm wrote:I'm sure this isn't the correct place to post this but it seems those of you posting here might know the answer to my question...
My property backs up to the Philadelphia Main Line tracks (between the Radnor, PA and St. Davids, PA stations). I believe there is an old stormwater runofff drain that runs from the back of my property and under the tracks - I can see the other side where the water was meant to discharge (it is about a 20" by 30" rectangular opening built with brick about 15' below the grade of the tracks. I can look up this opening at least 50-60' with a flashlight but cannot find the opening/inlet on my side of the tracks. Thus, I am fairly certain I (or my neighbor) have an inlet that has been covered over from years of storms and debris - after a storm we get a huge puddle/pond in that area and it's becoming a problem in terms of safety with my 3 and 5 yr olds and bugs, etc.
OK. My question. Where might I find a blueprint/chart that would tell me where this inlet is located in terms of distance offset from the tracks and depth? Does this information exist online? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Check with your local County Soil and Water District or with the town they should be able to point you in the right direction or have surveyors records and or tax rolls going back to when the township was formed. If the railroad is still active call them and express your concerns just becouse they are on an elevated grade dose not mean anything they might own 50-100+ or more feet on either side of the right of way. If there not responsive to your concerns Report them to your local Public Works Authorities.