Railroad Forums 

• Bustleton Branch Trains

• Discussion related to the operations and equipment of Consolidated Rail Corp. (Conrail) from 1976 to its present operations as Conrail Shared Assets. Official web site can be found here: CONRAIL.COM.
Discussion related to the operations and equipment of Consolidated Rail Corp. (Conrail) from 1976 to its present operations as Conrail Shared Assets. Official web site can be found here: CONRAIL.COM.

Moderators: TAMR213, keeper1616

#1467947  by cdruhl

Wow! Caroline Road. That's way up north near branch end. Go any further north and you're in Pepsi.

The unused section of branch north of Red Lion Road, past where the coil place at Red Lion Road was, crosses Caroline Road. There is a switch just north of Red Lion Road -- one route went to the old coil place, other route continues north, turns 90 degrees, then crosses Caroline Road and goes for a few hundred feet and stops. The crossing is intact but in lousy shape.

It's pretty overgrown but mostly intact but looks like it's not been used for quite a long time. It includes a passing siding but crews had to shove inbound coil cars to old metal place because the passing siding is unusable from overgrowth. There is an abandoned siding up there, switch removed, which has an old high-cube boxcar sitting at an old loading dock. Company probably uses it as a storage shed.
 #1599221  by EZguine

I live in the area, there is a large pile of new ties trackside that appeared a week or so ago where the track runs behind Blue Grass road. Not sure why they'd be replacing ties. I've walked that stretch of track maybe a year ago and it seemed perfectly serviceable. it would be good to see that branch come back to life beside car storage

EZguine
 #1599359  by Sir Ray

So did anything ever happen with Phoenix Lithographing, as mentioned on the previous page, or did that just fizzle out?
Also, I don't remember exactly, but was was the address/location of the (well, former) Hostess plant in that area {ETA - Never mind, I found it on Google, 9750 Blue Grass Rd, apparently the Hostess building was being remolded in 2019, for what I am not sure. The SW9 was also across the street from the former plant as well.