Railroad Forums 

• Greenwich to Delair

• Discussion related to the operations and equipment of Consolidated Rail Corp. (Conrail) from 1976 to its present operations as Conrail Shared Assets. Official web site can be found here: CONRAIL.COM.
Discussion related to the operations and equipment of Consolidated Rail Corp. (Conrail) from 1976 to its present operations as Conrail Shared Assets. Official web site can be found here: CONRAIL.COM.

Moderators: TAMR213, keeper1616

#540830  by runnerup

How do cars get from the CSX Greenwich Yard in South Philly to Pavonia Yard in Camden?

I've been staring at Google Maps for several hours trying to figure this out.

Departing from Greenwich, I see how trains go through Sunoco and PGW, past the art museum and across the river near Mount Pleasant. It looks like they cross the river again near the Falls Bridge, and then up into the Hunting Park area. But after that, I see no possible way how they can get to Frankford Junction. What am I missing?

And as a related question, are the tracks from Hartranft Street to Arsenal Interlocking still in use? These are mostly on a trestle elevated above 25th Street.
 #541028  by IRN750

The trains that run from S Phila. to Camden via the Delair turn their trains on the wye at West Falls via Laurel Hill and River interlockings

#541622  by JimBoylan

Those trains could also use 25th St. - Arsenal Bridge - High Line - Zoo - Junction RR to Belmont where they join the line that came via Sunoco - Art Museum - Columbia Bridge. They wye at West Falls, then back to Belmont - Columbia Bridge, but before the Art Museum, just after going under the NorthEast Corridor, they make a new left turn to join the SouthEasternmost Corridor track to North Phila. - Shore Tower - Frankford Jct. - Delair Bridge - Jersey Tower - Pavonia.