Railroad Forums 

• Merchants Despatch Transportation

• Discussion related to the operations and equipment of Consolidated Rail Corp. (Conrail) from 1976 to its present operations as Conrail Shared Assets. Official web site can be found here: CONRAIL.COM.
Discussion related to the operations and equipment of Consolidated Rail Corp. (Conrail) from 1976 to its present operations as Conrail Shared Assets. Official web site can be found here: CONRAIL.COM.

Moderators: TAMR213, keeper1616

#496130  by Pastmaster

Up until the Late 80's, pershible rail shipments into Phila and surrounding areas were inspected and repaired by a subsidary of Conrail called Merchants Despatch ( MDT ) they had bright yellow vehicles. does anyone know what happened to that company? I cannot find any information related to it existance.

Thanks
 #496136  by Noel Weaver

Pastmaster wrote:Up until the Late 80's, pershible rail shipments into Phila and surrounding areas were inspected and repaired by a subsidary of Conrail called Merchants Despatch ( MDT ) they had bright yellow vehicles. does anyone know what happened to that company? I cannot find any information related to it existance.

Thanks
This outfit also worked in Selkirk during the period. They serviced trailers
and mechanical reefers that had cooling systems in them for shipment of
perishables.
They might still be in existence but if they are, I do not know who owns
them.
Noel Weaver
 #522604  by rhinman

Company went out of business in the year 2000