Railroad Forums 

• Conrail train symbols on the River Line and Chicago Line

• Discussion related to the operations and equipment of Consolidated Rail Corp. (Conrail) from 1976 to its present operations as Conrail Shared Assets. Official web site can be found here: CONRAIL.COM.
Discussion related to the operations and equipment of Consolidated Rail Corp. (Conrail) from 1976 to its present operations as Conrail Shared Assets. Official web site can be found here: CONRAIL.COM.

Moderators: TAMR213, keeper1616

#382113  by n01jd1

conrail6479 wrote:What were conrail terms on the west shore and riveline and selkirk to Elhart chicago main line???? Besides SEEL & ELSE
I take it you are looking for the symbols for trains that ran on the River Line?

Well lets see off the top of my head bac in the 1980's we had:
OISE
SEOI
ALSE
SEAL (ALSE and SEAL did not run as frequently in the years before Enola closed)
ENSE
SEEN
PYSE
SEPY
DNDA
DADN
TOMT
MTTO?

Later after Potomac Yard closed you had in the 1990's,
CSSE
SECS
NSSE
SENS
ALSE
SEAL
OISE
SEOI
SESA
TOMT
MTTO?
ML401
ML403
ML480
ML480X
ML480Y

I remember the following TV trains:
TV53 (Later became TVLA)
TV10
TV79
TV80
TV24P
TV556

There was of course more on the TV trains but I just dont remember them. I also cannot speak intellegently about train symbols for trains operating from Selkirk West on the Chicago Line. Hope this helps.

#382206  by Otto Vondrak

Random trains from the Hudson Line:

TTSE and SETT - Ran from Selkirk to Tarrytown GM plant.

SECH and CHSE - Selkirk to Cedar Hill via Beacon and the Maybrook Secondary.

#382218  by conrail6479

I know that conrail had TV100,TV299,COTO,TOCO and ML403

#382351  by conrail6479

Otto Vondrak wrote:So are you asnwering your own question now, or did you follow the link Charlie posted?
otto. yes on chicago main line but not on the west shore and river line.

#382541  by lvrr325

Conrail used to publish schedule books that had all the train symbols in them, too.

Funny, I still remember a lot of them, but I couldn't tell you for instance which symbol of Q620/Q621 is the northbound and which is the southbound. Then again when they were CNSE/SECN it was obvious, you didn't need to remember which way odd number symbols run.