Railroad Forums 

• As Time goes By....5 years and counting.....

• Discussion related to the operations and equipment of Consolidated Rail Corp. (Conrail) from 1976 to its present operations as Conrail Shared Assets. Official web site can be found here: CONRAIL.COM.
Discussion related to the operations and equipment of Consolidated Rail Corp. (Conrail) from 1976 to its present operations as Conrail Shared Assets. Official web site can be found here: CONRAIL.COM.

Moderators: TAMR213, keeper1616

#23050  by rcbsd45

Today is June 1st, 2004. It markes the five year anniversary of the split of CR by CSX and NS. Time flies, doesn't it? Any random thoughts on where the affected Parties will be in five more years? And I'd be interested in hearing some comments/opinions about the split in general as well as the past five years....

#23234  by TAMR213

Actually, I've been hearing rumors of UP wanting to buy the CR lines that CSX inherited. I heard that they would buy the CR lines, except for lines go to the south, the heart of CSX. I don't know about the truth of these rumors though.

#23250  by XRails

NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!! UP has enough already. Stay out of the Northeast! [This coming from a railfan:] the UP is too big and has taken down too many flags in its path already.

Or, as the board members of UP might say (semi-bad joke alert):
We are the Borg.
Power down your locomotives and surrender your railroad.
Your right of way and railroad heritage will be added to our own.
Resistance is futile.