Railroad Forums 

• Looking for source of genuine Conrail paint

• Discussion related to the operations and equipment of Consolidated Rail Corp. (Conrail) from 1976 to its present operations as Conrail Shared Assets. Official web site can be found here: CONRAIL.COM.
Discussion related to the operations and equipment of Consolidated Rail Corp. (Conrail) from 1976 to its present operations as Conrail Shared Assets. Official web site can be found here: CONRAIL.COM.

Moderators: TAMR213, keeper1616

#22440  by O-6-O

I'm looking for a source for genuine Conrail Blue paint. Any ideas?
Automotive paint ie; PPG ,Ditzler etc? Where did Conrail get theirs?
Thanks

STEAM ON
/--OOO--:-oo--oo-

#22677  by charlie6017

I would try a full service hobby store. I'm not sure about the hobby shops in your area, but if you get to Buffalo, I'm 99% sure that Niagara Hobby has it. Awhile back, I got my CSX colors there.

#23014  by O-6-O

Thanks Charlie, but this is not for modeling, I,m going to repaint my
Snap-On tool box. I HATE red. Thanks

STEAM ON
/--OOO--:-oo--oo-

#23156  by wis bang

Krylon "royal blue" should be similar, maybe a little darker. I used to work for Chemical Leaman Tank Lines. The Macks came Royal blue from their paint supplyer & we would add 1/4 fenders & paint them w/ the Krylon and it was just a little lighter. Never saw it after the truck got dirty. It's a color lighter than Navy but not as light as alot of medium blues & would look good w/ some white pinstripes...

#68179  by MR77100

Why don't all the modeling companies decide on one shade of blue???!!!! I have about a dozen different Conrail units from Athearn, Atlas, Kato, and Proto 2000, and the shades of blue are all different!

#69879  by Otto Vondrak

Conrail blue weathered to so many different shades, it's hard to pick one.

Locomotive paint comes from DuPont's Imron line... try contacting them!

-otto-