Railroad Forums 

• North Jersey Shared Assets Train Symbols

• Discussion related to the operations and equipment of Consolidated Rail Corp. (Conrail) from 1976 to its present operations as Conrail Shared Assets. Official web site can be found here: CONRAIL.COM.
Discussion related to the operations and equipment of Consolidated Rail Corp. (Conrail) from 1976 to its present operations as Conrail Shared Assets. Official web site can be found here: CONRAIL.COM.

Moderators: TAMR213, keeper1616

#1220291  by bbobes327

Can somebody help me find the train symbols used for the Shared Assets Locals? I know one is MA-1, so what others am i missing?

Any train, from any yard, going where, and how often does each train run?

Thanks for your help!

Brian
 #1220478  by waldwickrailfan

bbobes327 wrote:Can somebody help me find the train symbols used for the Shared Assets Locals? I know one is MA-1, so what others am i missing?

Any train, from any yard, going where, and how often does each train run?

Thanks for your help!

Brian
OI16: Oak Island-Sayreville turn, daily
OI95: Oak Island, as needed for work trains
SA31: Sayreville-Lakehurst, Thursdays
MA01: Manville-South Plainfield, M-F
MA02: Manville-Port Reading, M-F
MA20: Manville-Raritan, T-Sa
MA80: Manville-South Plainfield, Saturdays
SK39: South Kearny local

OI=Oak Island
MA=Manville
SA=Sayreville
JR=Port Reading
PN=Port Newark
SK=South Kearny

Sorry i dont know others, but if you want i can give a list of all NS and CSX trains on the Lehigh Line and Port Reading Secondary
 #1220497  by TAMR213

More specifically for the SA trains (which I always thought stood for South Amboy but I could be completely wrong), they run out of Browns Yard (which is on the Sayreville/Old Bridge border).

There are:
SA-3 - Browns to AmeriSteel and other locations of the east end of the Sayreville Running Track (at least Thursday and Friday)
SA-5 - Browns to the west end on the Sayreville Running Track (at least Thursday)
SA-31 - Browns to Southern Secondary (Thursday)
Browns to Cranbury (Tuesday)
Browns to Freehold (M, W, F)
SA-33 - Browns to Dayton (5 days a week)

Also, for trains serving Metuchen Yard (symbol is ME):
OI-32 - Oak Island to Metuchen turn (weekdays, I believe there is also sometimes a weekend version symboled OI-82)
ME-2 - Metuchen Yard to Deans (weekdays, serves varying industries along the NEC on different days, Deans is the furthest south it will go)
ME-5 - Not sure if this train still exists, but if so it operates weekdays serving the Mobil plant, and other industries between Metuchen and Keasbey

Lastly, I believe PR is also a symbol used by Port Reading crews, who will handle trains such as 68Q from Port Reading down to Motiva (usually under the symbol PR-8 I believe, but in reality its still just 68Q with a different crew).
 #1220710  by bbobes327

Both of you thank you for your help, it's very much appreciated! All of that is exactly what I was looking for!

And @waldwick if you have the names, origin-destination, and frequency of those trains can you send me those? For now I understand a handful of trains that go through, but I have no clue hot to find out the frequency or their origin/destination.

Thanks again!