Railroad Forums 

• Schuylkill Secondary Norristown to Oaks 70's to early 80's

• Discussion related to the operations and equipment of Consolidated Rail Corp. (Conrail) from 1976 to its present operations as Conrail Shared Assets. Official web site can be found here: CONRAIL.COM.
Discussion related to the operations and equipment of Consolidated Rail Corp. (Conrail) from 1976 to its present operations as Conrail Shared Assets. Official web site can be found here: CONRAIL.COM.

Moderators: TAMR213, keeper1616

#1206135  by daruss

I used to live less than a mile for the above mentioned line (now a County Bike Path). It's very difficult to find pictures of this line during the 70's and early 80's. Especially on the portion between Norristown and Oaks.. There were a lot of small industries near the river, some in Betzwood also. If anyone has pics please post them. The mentioned section was "officially" abaondoned in August of 82. Most of the tracks were removed in 83/84. This is also when ROUTE 422 was completed which runs over the ROW.. I think some of the industries were still being served in the Haws Ave area in Norristown till about 81.. Also, i think a rail bridge crossed Pawlings Rd. in Audubon.. Please correct me if im wrong..