Railroad Forums 

• Conrail's U23C roster

• Discussion related to the operations and equipment of Consolidated Rail Corp. (Conrail) from 1976 to its present operations as Conrail Shared Assets. Official web site can be found here: CONRAIL.COM.
Discussion related to the operations and equipment of Consolidated Rail Corp. (Conrail) from 1976 to its present operations as Conrail Shared Assets. Official web site can be found here: CONRAIL.COM.

Moderators: TAMR213, keeper1616

#122295  by TerryC

Thank you for that website. None of them are preserved and I do not think any shortline or regional owns U23Cs.

keep asking keep learning

#122304  by AmtrakFan

Terry,
I know a line in Michigan owns some U30C's but there are a ton of GE's in Brazil.

#122369  by TerryC

If you mean U30Cs, Lake Superior and Ishpeming has lots of them. I got some photos last July of them at their headquarters. There was a nice Detroit Edison one too.

#122394  by AmtrakFan

TerryC wrote:If you mean U30Cs, Lake Superior and Ishpeming has lots of them. I got some photos last July of them at their headquarters. There was a nice Detroit Edison one too.

Yes I do Terry. Lucky you to get some.

#123292  by SRS125

Those LS&I Units are well traveled units and spent some time on the Britsh Columbia Railway on varyed leaseing terms over varyed years when the BCR was short handed in power.