Railroad Forums 

• CR C36-7 6641 Wrecked

• Discussion related to the operations and equipment of Consolidated Rail Corp. (Conrail) from 1976 to its present operations as Conrail Shared Assets. Official web site can be found here: CONRAIL.COM.
Discussion related to the operations and equipment of Consolidated Rail Corp. (Conrail) from 1976 to its present operations as Conrail Shared Assets. Official web site can be found here: CONRAIL.COM.

Moderators: TAMR213, keeper1616

#111410  by Roscoe P. Coaltrain

To answer the question on the 6641 (thread is locked), the 6641 got Q paint when it was rebuilt from wreck repairs. In that wreck, the unit lost 3/4 of its cab, and the long hood was shifted back a few feet. Looks like a rear-ender type accident. I do have a pic of 6641 wrecked, but I don't know how to upload jpegs from the hard drive on this website.
 #113564  by CSX Conductor

Roscoe P. Coaltrain wrote:I do have a pic of 6641 wrecked, but I don't know how to upload jpegs from the hard drive on this website.
You have to upload to a website, like NERAIL North American Photo Archive :-)

Once you have the picture on a website, you can put a link to the picture into another mesage on this forum. )For more help on doing that, go to th "Help" thread. :wink

#115341  by TerryC

Thank you Roscoe P. Coaltrain for that answer.

keep asking keep learning