Railroad Forums 

• Conrail Structure/Tower colors

• Discussion related to the operations and equipment of Consolidated Rail Corp. (Conrail) from 1976 to its present operations as Conrail Shared Assets. Official web site can be found here: CONRAIL.COM.
Discussion related to the operations and equipment of Consolidated Rail Corp. (Conrail) from 1976 to its present operations as Conrail Shared Assets. Official web site can be found here: CONRAIL.COM.

Moderators: TAMR213, keeper1616

#1074705  by caylorman

All,
I'm trying to get a better idea on what shades of blue Conrail painted its towers and other buildings for a modeling project. Unfortunately, most pictures I have of Conrail painted buildings have such bad paint on them that it's hard to match samples to. I thought originally that they were just a light and dark shade of Conrail Blue for the base and trim, respectively. However, in some photos this appears to be correct, while others make the trim appear to have a greyer or greener hue to the darker blue trim color.

Just curious if anyone know what colors Conrail actually used, and even better, what mixes of Polly S or equivalent pain could be used for modeling.

Thanks,
E.J. Caylor