Railroad Forums 

• CP Is Possibly Ticked At Me. What About Me??

• Discussion relating to the past and present operations of CPR. Official web site can be found here: CPKCR.com. Includes Kansas City Southern. There is also a KCS sub-forum for prior operations: kansas-city-southern-and-affiliates-f153.html
Discussion relating to the past and present operations of CPR. Official web site can be found here: CPKCR.com. Includes Kansas City Southern. There is also a KCS sub-forum for prior operations: kansas-city-southern-and-affiliates-f153.html

Moderators: Komachi, Ken V

#530309  by blacklist

No disrespect to the honest and hard working CP railway men who work hard and stick up for those who get bullied on by the company. I know lots of them.

CP stands for Constantly Pissed. Behind the 8 ball I am. I worked for the RR 20 years ago for a couple of years. Wish I never had because when I resigned from too many lay offs, the company got ticked off. Too bad. They were going to cut me anyways, with no definite date known for recall. I didn't wait my whole life to work 6 months each year with lay offs in between- that kind of job was swiss cheese. I waited my whole life to work for the railroad year round- which is being handed down now, on a silver platter, to a younger generation of RRers with NO experience, while the RR holds it away from me WITH experience. That just burns me. Working seasonal with layoffs in between screwed over my UI premiums.

When I applied to other departments, they always checked back with the dinks in the supervisory office, didn't give me the job, and never told me what the supervisors said. The boss never liked me. Yet, the yard foremen and co workers didn't mind me.

Even when I recently applied at my former company's competitor, once they checked with my former employer, even though it was 20 years ago and most of my references retired, they never get back to me and I don't get the job. No explanation why. Maybe it's the scags at HR who think of themselves as their own little gods- which is usually the case at HR on almost any railroad. Over the past 20 years I have had almost 10 or more interviews- no results- none- not one iota. What should I legally do about this? My former company, IF they are responsible, and IF they have indeed passed on a "bad word", can I reign their asses in court for defamation and slander?

What's worse is that the big bosses pass the blame onto the employee and not the company practices. Sounds like something a politician would say. I guess if someone in the office doesn't like you, and you're not related to anyone in the RR, you're screwed.... and that's all there is to it. Maybe they put a "do not rehire" clause in my file. I didn't see it there in my file over a decade ago- unless they added it on later.
Last edited by blacklist on Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#530359  by BigWeb

What about you?

So the railroad railroaded you, get in line. You quit, what do you expect? I work for CP, and there's plenty of guys that quit at one time at my current location. There's a few of them trying to get back on and the company is denying them, even though we are terribly short on people, and we can't get newhires to stay.

I think I speak for other CP employees here, we don't need you. There's enough crybabies on this RR. I think McDonald's is hiring bathroom attendants.

#530380  by blacklist

BigWeb wrote:What about you?

So the railroad railroaded you, get in line. You quit, what do you expect? I work for CP, and there's plenty of guys that quit at one time at my current location. There's a few of them trying to get back on and the company is denying them, even though we are terribly short on people, and we can't get newhires to stay.

I think I speak for other CP employees here, we don't need you. There's enough crybabies on this RR. I think McDonald's is hiring bathroom attendants.
I see. But if it happened to YOU, that would be a different story, eh??. Double standard anyone? You guys don't need me, so you claim, and I don't need "screw overs". Justifying their "run arounds" to boot I see. Interesting. CP screwed me and others over and your statements justify their "run around". Go pat the backs of the big bosses and company men.

I THINK I speak for those who have been used up and around for all they were worth, while some of you senior guys sat on your rear ends and whined about your wages, not getting enough time with family and other pompous excuses to avoid doing assignments. If you don't like where you work, LEAVE. Shut up and LEAVE.

Maybe you should apply for role of the judge. The Canadian Justice system needs more judges to let guilty criminals go free. I'm sure the CP big Bobs will give you a stunning reference.

#530437  by BigWeb

Where do you get the "double standard" thing from? I'm not the one that quit his RR job and is now crying because he can't get hired back from said RR.

Also, how do my statement's "justify their runaround"? I'm all for CP hiring more people. I'm working my a$$ off right now because we don't have enough guys.

Third, I love where I work. Yes, I put up with the usual RR BS, among other things, but for the most part, I enjoy my job.

Good luck with the defamation suit, let me know how it goes for you.

#530470  by blacklist

BigWeb wrote:Where do you get the "double standard" thing from? I'm not the one that quit his RR job and is now crying because he can't get hired back from said RR.

Also, how do my statement's "justify their runaround"? I'm all for CP hiring more people. I'm working my a$$ off right now because we don't have enough guys.

Third, I love where I work. Yes, I put up with the usual RR BS, among other things, but for the most part, I enjoy my job.

Good luck with the defamation suit, let me know how it goes for you.
I don't cry- I fight. Remember that. And I pity the sorry little a$$ that crosses my line. If I sucked at my job that is one thing. But I didn't. I scored high on my written and field exams, more than once, and received little correction on my field performance. If I sucked at the job, then I would have taken my punishment like a man and would have moved on.

I'm glad that you enjoy your job. At least that doesn't put you into the category of those who hated their jobs and wanted me and other juniors to do it for them.

What ticked me off was the constant lay offs. 1 week here, lay offs, 2 weeks there, lay offs, three months here and there with lay offs in between. What's that??? Would that NOT have caused YOU to resign if you were hurdled into the grinder? It would have. Don't tell me that it wouldn't. Other seasonal workers also resigned after my departure. Some of which worked for the railroad since 1978. So, does that make them wimps or cry babies too?

I don't even think you have the foggiest idea of what I'm talking about. I'm sure that you didn't have to go through these things, knowing that you did a damn good job on the tracks only to be told "thanks but no thanks". If you mean to tell me that you wouldn't get ticked at that, you're in another world.

And the double standard issue? Let me rephrase it one more time. When somebody like you tells me that "we don't need you- go be a toilet cleaner
at MacDonalds" thems 'fighting words'. That simply says to me that "sure the company may have jerked your chain but too bad, so sad- go to hell". This tells me that (A): You have never experienced a situation like that, otherwise you wouldn't have said what you said with those wisecrack remarks. (B): IF YOU DID have the same thing happen to you, like what happened to me, then you would cry fowl. So which is it? You can't have both. (C): I don't even think that you have worked for the railroad very long. I have seen hundreds of guys like you that didn't give two damns if another worker got shafted- JUST AS LONG as it wouldn't happen to you.

I never SAID that you weren't for the hiring of new employees. I'm NOT saying that CP was a BAD company. I was just mainly talking about some of the RR big bosses or supervisors who didn't like me and others. I know lots of CP RRers that are solid and hard working men.

Many of them have even TRIED, constantly, to get me rehired, but failed. Would they have done that IF I was a crappy worker?? Think about it. It never got past HR, but instead they (HR) hired green horns with squat experience?? To me that spells "politics", in plain flat words. When a company pays no attention to those who like you, but only pays attention to those who dislike you (because they have clout), that spells "politics". But when the same respects are not paid to me, I run on a totally different policy. "Treat others on how you would like to be treated". If others treat me like crap, so I do the same to them.

I too busted my A$$ at CP and enjoyed my job. I didn't have any RR relatives who held and lead me by the hand, telling me what to say or what NOT to say and HOW to beat the system. That's nepotism and also illegal in some labour circles. I was alone and working out of trial and error. I didn't have it lucky like those whose uncle or daddy or second uncle's third nephew who worked on the RR. Gimme a break. I didn't have any those silver plattered luxuries.

Just like you, I am ALL FOR good railroaders. Period. But I am also for giving people a second chance, fair and square, if they prove sincere enough in their endeavors for the job. I have seen some CP RRers get rehired who, by the way, have done far worse and were FIRED- yet they were given a second chance. My situation was far less than theirs, yet I don't get rehired because the company was incapable of securing my employment causing me to resign?? Politics. Plain and simple. We all need a second chance at something in life- that's life, so lets get real. If someone screws someone, sooner or later in life they themselves will get screwed by someone else. It's 2 edged sword.

Good luck with CP, man. You have it good now. But what goes up must come down. If you don't see that, maybe you should wake up and realize that this isn't "Alice In Wonderland". Good luck. Let me know if you survive the next upcoming recession. If you don't know what I mean, maybe you should do some homework. Like I said, you have it good for now and I seriously wish you well and all the luck in the world. Cut me down as you might and as insensitive you might be to my demise, I seriously hope that you have a good career. Lets just hope that your job is Recession Proof and "screw proof". It isn't, but that's another story..

#530506  by BigWeb

blacklist wrote: Good luck with CP, man. You have it good now. But what goes up must come down. If you don't see that, maybe you should wake up and realize that this isn't "Alice In Wonderland". Good luck. Let me know if you survive the next upcoming recession. If you don't know what I mean, maybe you should do some homework. Like I said, you have it good for now and I seriously wish you well and all the luck in the world. Cut me down as you might and as insensitive you might be to my demise, I seriously hope that you have a good career. Lets just hope that your job is Recession Proof and "screw proof". It isn't, but that's another story..
Oh I'll be fine, trust me on that one. Now, a guy with no seniority, or should I say no railroad job, is the one that needs to worry about being furloughed. You should be the one doing his homework on that one.

I see that you also have alot of support from the other guys on your other thread too.

You can "fight" for your RR job all you want, but you're pretty much screwed. I think Strickland Propane is hiring "tankwipes".

#530531  by Ken V

Alright, I think this has gone far enough.

Blacklist, I appreciate you may have a gripe against the CPR - justified or otherwise, but you don't have to keep repeating the same statements over and over both here, and on other forums.

I haven't deleted any of your posts here (yet) but will start doing so if you don't have anything new to say.