Railroad Forums 

• CP Short Line from Fort Ann NY?

• Discussion relating to the past and present operations of CPR. Official web site can be found here: CPKCR.com. Includes Kansas City Southern. There is also a KCS sub-forum for prior operations: kansas-city-southern-and-affiliates-f153.html
Discussion relating to the past and present operations of CPR. Official web site can be found here: CPKCR.com. Includes Kansas City Southern. There is also a KCS sub-forum for prior operations: kansas-city-southern-and-affiliates-f153.html

Moderators: Komachi, Ken V

#258869  by Adirondack_Ghost

I work at the International Paper plant in Ticonderoga NY and i was wondering something... CP Rail services our rail needs (we go through alot of chemicals), but I was wondering something. The guys on the engines say they are out of Fort Ann NY and only run between Albany and Ticonderoga... the engines are hit or miss, sometimes running the same one for weeks, sometimes mix and match... how does this work?

Ghost

#306408  by Champlain Division

To my knowledge, those locals have always been based out of Fort Edward. There's a few siding tracks in Fort Ann to park lcomotives on near an apparent on-line industry, but the facilities at Fort Edward and its short distance away make more sense operationally. Maybe they're saying that they "live" in Fort Ann.