Railroad Forums 

• Visitors to Edmonton

• Discussion relating to the past and present operations of CPR. Official web site can be found here: CPR.CA. Includes Kansas City Southern.
Discussion relating to the past and present operations of CPR. Official web site can be found here: CPR.CA. Includes Kansas City Southern.

Moderators: Komachi, Ken V

#1148209  by Allen Hazen

This afternoon (16.ii.2013) I saw three (I think-- two different viewpoints, not very good ones...) EMD units in DM&E blue with yellow stripe at the engine terminal of the Canadian Pacific yard(*) in Edmonton. The closest I could get on public property was perhaps a hundred yards away from them, and there was other rolling stock (etc) blocking view, but I was able to read Iowa, Chicago and Eastern on the side stripe of one of them.
--
(*) South of Whyte Avenue in the "Old Strathcona" district of Edmonton: nearest street intersection to the engine terminal maybe 76th Avenue and 100th Street. There is usually a variety of older EMD power around: an SD40-2/GP-9 duo occasionally (to the annoyance of motorists and the joy of railfans) crosses Whyte (82nd) Avenue on switching moves. Road trains to Calgary often get a pair of big GE units: a couple of AC44CW were the only power I saw in motion this afternoon.