Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the past and present operations of CPR. Official web site can be found here: CPKCR.com. Includes Kansas City Southern. There is also a KCS sub-forum for prior operations: kansas-city-southern-and-affiliates-f153.html

Moderators: Komachi, Ken V

#105583  by Carroll Cameron

I had posted this in the Self propelled Railcar Forum also:

I am looking for pictures of the gas-electrics that plied the CP rails in New Brunswick CAN. in the 50s and 60s between Woodstock N.B. and Chipman N.B. (Gibson Sub) or any Sub in N.B for that matter.

I am compiling a text/pictorial history of the Gibson Sub and have had absolutely no success in finding a picture so, hopefully someone out there can help me.

Thanking you in advance
(New to the List)

#105692  by viafan

Have you tried the New Brunswick Archives at UNB? They do have a significant # of pictures, many relaesed to the Telegraph-Journal. Recently there was a picture of the CPR from St. Stephen.

Harold Nicholson
 #105860  by Carroll Cameron

Yes Harold I have tried them. I've tried the Libraries and Archives Canada. But I've tried them on-line to start with and many other online sites.

I suppose I'm just putting off the inevitable of physically going to the NB Archives and the Fredericton Public Library.

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I appreciate it.

Carroll
 #106582  by Carroll Cameron

Thank you for the information Stuart. I have joined 2 of the groups I found there.

Carroll