Railroad Forums 

• New CN/NS train on it's way to Rouses Point (328/329)

• Discussion relating to the Canadian National, past and present. Also includes discussion of Illinois Central and Grand Trunk Western and other subsidiary roads (including Bessemer & Lake Erie and the Duluth, Missabe & Iron Range Railway). Official site: WWW.CN.CA
Discussion relating to the Canadian National, past and present. Also includes discussion of Illinois Central and Grand Trunk Western and other subsidiary roads (including Bessemer & Lake Erie and the Duluth, Missabe & Iron Range Railway). Official site: WWW.CN.CA

Moderators: Komachi, Ken V

#69761  by St-Jean Diamond

As mentionned by Darren (CN/NECR), the CN 328 left Montreal tonight (nov 19). It ran thru St-Jean @ 21h40 with CN 5268 (SD40-2) and yes... NS 8435 (C40-8W). There was only about 20 cars hooked to it. Maybe 10 box and 10 lumber (Chaleur I think). I even got night pics for you Darren of this FIRST train. :-) . BTW how did you get all these details about this train? Couldn't find anything except for the statements made by CN, CP and NS...

#69825  by CN/NECR

Well I do know alot of raifans that know people that work with CN.So I knew this infomation for a long time now,I personaly didn't think CN would of went through with the new train.But they surpised me!
Great shots BTW!!It must of been great to see the 328 burning up the tracks!Hope you can get a chance to see it in day time!!! :P

Heres a link to my men group site http://groups.msn.com/CNRousesPointSub/messages.msnw
you can find some great info on the new train there,and some pictures of my own.You can join my group too,if you please!

See yea..

#116099  by Engineer Spike

I was the engineer on this train from Rouses Point to Saratoga Springs, on the D&H.