Railroad Forums 

• CN SD50F

• Discussion relating to the Canadian National, past and present. Also includes discussion of Illinois Central and Grand Trunk Western and other subsidiary roads (including Bessemer & Lake Erie and the Duluth, Missabe & Iron Range Railway). Official site: WWW.CN.CA
Discussion relating to the Canadian National, past and present. Also includes discussion of Illinois Central and Grand Trunk Western and other subsidiary roads (including Bessemer & Lake Erie and the Duluth, Missabe & Iron Range Railway). Official site: WWW.CN.CA

Moderators: Komachi, Ken V

#757527  by MBTA1052

Has someone used one the remaining SD50F from CN???
 #758308  by ENR3870

MBTA1052 wrote:Has someone used one the remaining SD50F from CN???
There are no remaining SD50F's on CN, the SD60F's and C40-8M's are the only cowls left.
 #758345  by MBTA1052

I looked on a local CN Railway Inventory and it said there were a few still around but porobably Not In Service.
 #782437  by CN Sparky

5414 was the last one retired, went a little longer than the rest of them did. I don't know why it was singled out. The rest were all mass-retired.

Anyone know who bought them? Kinda curious where they ended up... or if they went for scrap.
 #782514  by atsf sp

I know some went to ASDX for scrap because I saw some in transit with ASDX marks. Three went to a mine in North Dakota. All the rest I have no clue.