Railroad Forums 

• wisconsin central former line

• Discussion relating to the Canadian National, past and present. Also includes discussion of Illinois Central and Grand Trunk Western and other subsidiary roads (including Bessemer & Lake Erie and the Duluth, Missabe & Iron Range Railway). Official site: WWW.CN.CA
Discussion relating to the Canadian National, past and present. Also includes discussion of Illinois Central and Grand Trunk Western and other subsidiary roads (including Bessemer & Lake Erie and the Duluth, Missabe & Iron Range Railway). Official site: WWW.CN.CA

Moderators: Komachi, Ken V

#405580  by toberborgan

How frequently do the trains go down the stretch of CN track that was formaly the Wisconsin Central.
Last edited by toberborgan on Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#405609  by bufftbone

Is this the line that runs along side I290 (which is owned by the CSX)?

#405930  by toberborgan

no
Last edited by toberborgan on Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#405942  by EJ&ESDM809

I believe the line you are talking about is the Waukesha Subdivision. It seems to be a fairly busy line. From what I have heard maybe 30 or so trains a day. I went to Antioch, which is a bit further north up the line from Des Plaines and saw 3 trains in less then a hour, so it all depends on if you hit it at the right time.

#406024  by toberborgan

yea I see them all the time in des plaines
Last edited by toberborgan on Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#407222  by EJ&ESDM809

The line that crosses the EJ&E in Mundelien (known as Leighton Junction by us EJ&E fans) is the same line that runs through Des Plaines. The line goes from Chicago through Leighton Junction, Franklin Park (B12), Schiller Park and Antioch plus points in between until it hits Wisconsin just north of Antioch. It is also the same line that goes up Byron Hill in Wisconsin and then heads into Fond Du Lac.