Railroad Forums 

• BLE Business Train at the US Open???

• Discussion relating to the Canadian National, past and present. Also includes discussion of Illinois Central and Grand Trunk Western and other subsidiary roads (including Bessemer & Lake Erie and the Duluth, Missabe & Iron Range Railway). Official site: WWW.CN.CA
Discussion relating to the Canadian National, past and present. Also includes discussion of Illinois Central and Grand Trunk Western and other subsidiary roads (including Bessemer & Lake Erie and the Duluth, Missabe & Iron Range Railway). Official site: WWW.CN.CA

Moderators: Komachi, Ken V

#405538  by EMTRailfan

I've seen in other forums that CN will have a CN/BLE Business Train at the US Open in Oakmont later this month. All I've seen is speculative hearsay. Anyone know anything official (if you can tell)? It would be nice to see a passenger consist on BLE rails. We're hoping for BLE power though.
 #407889  by EMTRailfan

I emailed CN a few days ago, and got this reply back a few minutes ago. Sorry guys, my hopes were up there too :-(

Kevin,
Thank you for your interest in CN. This is in response to your inquiry about the possibility of a CN business car movement in Pennsylvania next week.

After checking with our operating officers responsible for that part of our territory, no such movement is anticipated or approved. Sounds like a rumor to me...

Jim Kvedaras
Sr. Manager U.S. Public and Government Affairs
CN

#415472  by li7039

i was at oak mont and week and saw many NS trains but no CN

#416015  by EMTRailfan

As far as seeing trains, you would have seen NS. The Bessemer & Lake Erie also goes right throught the middle of the Golf Course paralleling the turnpike. You would have seen black and orange tunnel motors on here pulling either coal, coke, or ore hoppers, plus possibly scrap gons. The BLE is now owned by CN since 2004. All of the power are still in BLE colors, and all of the hoppers either have BLE or the Bessemer logo on them. A lot of the hoppers now have the CN web address on them though. There were rumors of a CN Business Train to be there, but turned out to be just that, RUMORS. Where the NS OCS was parked is actually Allegheny Valley RR trackage.