Railroad Forums 

• The "big red sponge?"

• Discussion relating to the Canadian National, past and present. Also includes discussion of Illinois Central and Grand Trunk Western and other subsidiary roads (including Bessemer & Lake Erie and the Duluth, Missabe & Iron Range Railway). Official site: WWW.CN.CA
Discussion relating to the Canadian National, past and present. Also includes discussion of Illinois Central and Grand Trunk Western and other subsidiary roads (including Bessemer & Lake Erie and the Duluth, Missabe & Iron Range Railway). Official site: WWW.CN.CA

Moderators: Komachi, Ken V

#28580  by missthealcos

BC Rail IS now owned by CN, why? because the BC provincial gov't is the most corrupt, lying gov't anyone has seen in a very long time. They sold it off, despite a specific election campaign promise that they would not. It was sold with a bunch of thinly veiled BS concessions to placate those who complained the loudest..such as the right of way still being under public ownership, so they can claim, they didn't actually "sell" the railway, and therefore didn't break any promises. There has been an ongoing criminal investigation surrounding the sale, and the govt's handling of it, which will in the end only be huge waste of tax dollars. Basically a dictatorship. Some People will say the deal is not yet done, but it is, and has been for a long time. The railway is already a shadow of it's former self. Once the feeble concessionary "promises" to quiet the angry public, such as "you can't change or discontinue this that or the other thing for XXX years" expire, the line abandonments and disamantling of track will begin, if not sooner.
This may sound like personal opinion, but it is pure fact.

That pic of the BCR -8 lashed up with a CN unit in Edmonton is the first of its kind I have seen...sickening.

Only in Canada.....R.I.P. British Columbia Railway

#38197  by AmtrakFan

missthealcos wrote:BC Rail IS now owned by CN, why? because the BC provincial gov't is the most corrupt, lying gov't anyone has seen in a very long time. They sold it off, despite a specific election campaign promise that they would not. It was sold with a bunch of thinly veiled BS concessions to placate those who complained the loudest..such as the right of way still being under public ownership, so they can claim, they didn't actually "sell" the railway, and therefore didn't break any promises. There has been an ongoing criminal investigation surrounding the sale, and the govt's handling of it, which will in the end only be huge waste of tax dollars. Basically a dictatorship. Some People will say the deal is not yet done, but it is, and has been for a long time. The railway is already a shadow of it's former self. Once the feeble concessionary "promises" to quiet the angry public, such as "you can't change or discontinue this that or the other thing for XXX years" expire, the line abandonments and disamantling of track will begin, if not sooner.
This may sound like personal opinion, but it is pure fact.

That pic of the BCR -8 lashed up with a CN unit in Edmonton is the first of its kind I have seen...sickening.

Only in Canada.....R.I.P. British Columbia Railway
Blame EHH the President he has done eveything wrong HEY I could run CN Better.

AmtrakFan