Railroad Forums 

• ACI Car/Track Labels On CN Passenger Equipment.

• Discussion relating to the Canadian National, past and present. Also includes discussion of Illinois Central and Grand Trunk Western and other subsidiary roads (including Bessemer & Lake Erie and the Duluth, Missabe & Iron Range Railway). Official site: WWW.CN.CA
Discussion relating to the Canadian National, past and present. Also includes discussion of Illinois Central and Grand Trunk Western and other subsidiary roads (including Bessemer & Lake Erie and the Duluth, Missabe & Iron Range Railway). Official site: WWW.CN.CA

Moderators: Komachi, Ken V

#366903  by Dieter

Help, the memory is fading.

Looking through Patrick C. Dorin's book; "The Canadian National Story", I came across a few pictures that spark this question. Why did CN apply ACI Car/Track Labels to their passenger equipment? I thought these were for freight and service cars only.

I do recall in the early 1970's seeing ACI labels on Steam Generator and Baggage Cars. Whatever the reasoning behind the usage, does anyone know of any other railroad using these labels on passenger equipment? In the States, Amtrak was already running, and they didn't use ACI's.

Thanks!

Dieter/

#378030  by Dieter

This was locked down and moved, can anybody explain to me why??

D/