Railroad Forums 

• New yellow stripes on IC engines...yuk!

• Discussion relating to the Canadian National, past and present. Also includes discussion of Illinois Central and Grand Trunk Western and other subsidiary roads (including Bessemer & Lake Erie and the Duluth, Missabe & Iron Range Railway). Official site: WWW.CN.CA
Discussion relating to the Canadian National, past and present. Also includes discussion of Illinois Central and Grand Trunk Western and other subsidiary roads (including Bessemer & Lake Erie and the Duluth, Missabe & Iron Range Railway). Official site: WWW.CN.CA

Moderators: Komachi, Ken V

#296872  by Komachi

As the Borg Collective would say...

"You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile."

Cost savings mixed with the slow integration of the fleet into a homogenous, cohesive whole (in other words, a unified paint scheme)... I can see the logistics of that. Or, will the IC resolutely remain the IC and retain its individual identity... except for the yellow frame stripe?

Also, lock's comment raises the question of the FRA requirement. I know UP is going with a yellow frame reflector as well, is it a reflective stripe in general, or does it have to be a specific color ("mellow" yellow)?

#339163  by U-Haul

By March 2010 all locomotives operating within the Continental United States (unsure about Hawaii & Alaska) must have either a reflective white or yellow frame stripe. Union Pacifc "begged" for the Red frame stripe, but their requests were denied.

Gerald Ford:
July 14, 1913 – December 26, 2006
Sorry dude I voted for Jimmy.